At The Salon by Lora Brown, everything we do is based on our 10 core values and work culture. We care about our clients' hair and we make sure every client knows they are valued, appreciated and understood. We develop valuable relationships with clients based on trust and honesty.
It's All About Education
Working at The Salon by Lora Brown isn't just a job; it's a career. We focus on properly educating and training our staff to ensure they become strong professionals and are equipped to offer our clients the latest hair trends and styling techniques. We are committed to teaching all of our team members how to become outstanding stylists and savvy businesspeople.
Salon owner, Lora Brown, offers unique educational opportunities for her staff, including access to weekly training, annual workshops and industry conferences. Lora teaches her team everything from cutting and coloring to accounting and business management.
We offer a nurturing environment where stylists and associates are encouraged to collaborate, create and share ideas freely. We provide ample opportunities for our stylists and associates to grow and excel not only at The Salon, but also the industry.
On social media, we frequently post tutorials and videos that give our followers an inside look at our salon. Be sure to follow us on Facebook to get access to our weekly Live broadcasts!
Check out one of our tutorial videos!
10 CORE VALUES
That represent our professional, customer-centric work culture
- The Golden Rule: Treat others the way you would want to be treated. This includes your clients and your coworkers.
- 90/10 Rule: 90 percent of the conversation should revolve around the client; only 10 percent should focus on you. Remember, this is the client’s time to be pampered.
- Dress For Success: You are in the fashion and beauty industry. Clients look to you for advice and inspiration. Therefore, your hair, makeup and outfits should be current and impeccable.
- Stick To Processes: Follow daily processes. Arrive to your appointments 15 minutes before the client. Be prepared with notes from previous appointments. Conduct a consultation each time, make suggestions and inform the client of new trends, and give product tutorials. Pull their system and review What, How, When and Why. Schedule their next appointment(s). For new clients, follow up with a call the next week.
- Treat The Client Like A Guest: Take special care of clients while they are guests in your work home. Greet them with a genuine smile, take their belongings while they change and offer them refreshments.
- Care For The Client: You are the client’s “hair doctor,” their “therapist.” Listen to them, take notes and recommend solutions to their problems.
- Track Your Success: To reach your goals, you must track and monitor your growth every month. Refer to Rule #4.
- Give Your Clients An Exceptional Experience:
E: Enthusiasm — Be excited to see your client.
X: Exceed — Go above and beyond your client’s expectations.
C: Consistency — Take notes, complete your work, create processes and stick to them.
E: Environment — Create an environment where your client feels comfortable, relaxed and welcome.
P: Positivity — Exude a positive attitude, compliment the client and praise your coworkers.
T:Time — Value the client’s time. Be punctual and conscious of your client’s schedule.
I: Impression — Make an excellent impression, not just the first time, but every time you see your client.
O: Organized — Have a clean, tidy work space where a client will feel comfortable.
N: Name — Learn your clients’ names and always call them by their name.
A: Appreciate — Show gratitude to your client. Without them, you would not succeed.
L: Listen — Pay attention to your client and meet their needs.
- Be A Team Player: You must work together, encourage and educate each other if you want to succeed.
- Make A Difference: Every day, you have the opportunity to make someone feel special and beautiful. Showcase your skills, be creative and have fun. You have the power to change someone’s life.
WANT TO JOIN OUR TEAM?
Wish to be a part of our amazing salon and culture? We are always looking for enthusiastic, talented stylists that want to learn! Apply to become a stylist or associate today.